Looking for the Best Small Business I.T. Support in Denver?
5 Things You Must Do Before Switching I.T. Support Providers
We have been getting a lot of calls in our office in the last few weeks from small to medium sized business that are either looking for a small business I.T. Support provider for the first time or are looking to replace their current provider because they are unhappy with the service that have been receiving.
The fact of the matter is that a large majority of small to medium sized businesses in Denver simply do not have a full time I.T. person on staff. They are relying on an employee who is techy enough to handle the I.T. duties, but in reality this practice many times will put the business at risk, the employee under additional pressure, and cost the company a lot of time and expense.
Many times when you have an employee such as an Office Manager setting up and maintaining the I.T. Infrastructure for a business there can be issues. The employee is being taken away from what you are actually paying them to do, they may not have the expertise to properly secure the network and your business, and based on your business there could be regulatory compliance issues.
Conversely, businesses sometimes have hired a small business I.T. Support firm who just is not providing them with the level of service they expected. Perhaps, you are dealing with a one man operation that just is not able to be in multiple places simultaneously or a larger I.T. firm that just cannot provide you with the personal level of service that you crave. Many times the answer lies right in the middle of these two categories.
As a business owner, once you have decided your are ready to local source the technical aspects of your business what should you do? The proper steps need to be taken to ensure that you are contracting the best small business I.T. support in Denver.
- Passwords Please. Whether you have an employee or an outside firm supporting you. Please make sure that you have passwords and sign on info for your network, server, website domain, etc. These things belong to you and you need to be certain that you have the information. You don’t want to be held ransom, keep control.
- Backup. Did I Say Backup? As an additional layer of security make sure you have everything backed up, everything. If you do run into an issue that backup can really save you a lot of strife.
- Document. Document. Document. Make sure that you have in your position a completely updated manual with all the information regarding the technology for your business. Telephone systems, backups, servers, websites, etc. We run into customers all the time that have let their previous provider go without knowledge or the ability to get what they need regarding their own business.
- How Long? When interviewing potential small business I.T. support in Denver make sure to find out if you have an issue what is their response time. Will you speak to a person, or will you have to leave a message. Will they get someone one site within a specified window or are they unable to commit to a time frame?
- What About a Guarantee? Does your potential I.T. Support provider guarantee their work? Are they willing to offer you 100% money back satisfaction guarantee? If they are not, they may give you a clue about their work. Do your homework. Check online review sources such as Google to see if there are a lot of negative reviews regarding the vendor.
Truthfully, for most businesses we have spoken to outsourcing this area of their business relieves a lot of stress and worry and increases employee productivity. You definitely need to take the time to make sure that you are choosing the best small business I.T. support firm in Denver that is a good fit for your particular situation, budget, and business.
For a complimentary assessment of your business please call the office at 720-746-9763.
Code Blue Computing is a full service I.T Service and support firm that specializes in businesses in the Metro Denver area. The staff brings over 20 years of experience to each and every client. They have an A+ Rating with the BBB, have received a Gold Star Certificate from the BBB in 2012, 2013, and 2014. Named the 2012 Small Business of the Year by the City of Thornton and the 2014 Emerging Business of the Year by the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce.