Code Blue Computing, an IT support firm headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado is encouraging users to celebrate World Password Day by changing their passwords and becoming informed about the importance of strong passwords in the digital age we now live in.
“With the ever increasing number of data breaches it has becoming more important to be vigilant with the passwords that we are using on our devices and our applications,” stated Code Blue VP of Technology William Morgan. To date, the most commonly used passwords are 123456 and the word password.
Simple Ways to Keep Yourself Secure:
- Don’t use one word or simple passwords.
- Have a different password for each account.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Don’t share passwords.
- Use long passphrases that are easy for you to remember but hard to be hacked. For example, IamaredD0lphinatse@# would be hard to crack.
- The final thing to think about is using a password manager. Many people worry about having to remember too many passwords. Utilizing a secure password manager is a great option to store all the passwords and then you only need to remember one secure password.
About World Password Day
According to National Day Calendar, security researcher Mark Burnett first encouraged people to have a “password day” where they update important passwords in his 2005 book Perfect Passwords. Inspired by his idea, Intel Security took the initiative to declare the first Thursday in May World Password Day in May 2013. The day is meant to create awareness of the need for good passwords and security. To find out more log on to: https://passwordday.org/
About Code Blue Computing
Founded in 2009, locally-owned and family-operated Code Blue Computing is Denver’s premier IT and computer support service with over 20 years of proven experience. The business offers laptop and computer repair, networking service, server maintenance, spyware and virus removal, data recovery and back up for both, business and residential customers. Code Blue Computing has an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau was named the 2012 Small Business of the Year by the City of Thornton, and the 2014 Emerging Business of the Year by the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce.
For more information regarding the seminars, contact: Jeri Johnson Morgan, 80 Garden Center #52, Broomfield, CO 80020. Tel: 720-746-9763. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.CodeBlueComputing.com.