There is a Microsoft Tech Support scam that has hit Denver in a big way. We have been getting calls at our office from customers who say they have received a call from Microsoft Tech support and that they can see their system is compromised. They are offering to remove the computer viruses for the customer. Do not fall for this, this is a scam. Once they have access to your computer they will download hundreds and hundreds of viruses.
If you get a call like this disconnect as quickly as you can. They are trying to get your credit card number. You will find yourself with a double hit. Not only will you have computer viruses, you will have paid to get them. If you have already given fallen victim to this scam call us at 720-746-9763 and we can get all of the computer viruses removed from your computer.
In the future, be wary when receiving calls from people who claim to be from legitimate companies. If it seems a little off, it probably is.
- Microsoft is not going to make an unsolicited call to a consumer, if you receive a call like this hang up.
- They are using phone lists readily available with your name, address and will guess your current operating system.
- They setup phony websites as well and will direct you to log on to pay for your purchases.
- Never give your credit card information. If you have, notify your credit card company immediately.
- Take the callers information down and report it to authorities.
If you ever have a question as far as whether something is questionable or not call Code Blue Computing at 720-746-9763; we will be happy to help you sort through it.