Customers call us all the time asking us for the signs that your hardware is about to fail. When you think about the technology in your office, are you confident in its performance or is it a rag tag setup that is held together with a string? Be Honest…
Although the technology that you employ in your business is literally the engine that drives your company, we see company after company employing a 1977 Ford Pinto and scratching their heads that they are experiencing daily tech support issues. It really is not a mystery at all. The Technology in your office absolutely should be viewed as an investment. One really needs to choose tools that are right for their business and once you do that; periodically look under the hood and perform the routine maintenance to all your technology to help it perform effectively.
What are Some of the Tell Tale Signs Your Hardware is About to Fail.
1. The Blue Screen of Death. Yep. We have all seen it, heard it, and experienced it. If your computer is locking up, crashing, and coming with a blue screen. It is pretty much a given your hardware is about to fail. You better be sure all of your data is backed up because once the hard drive crashes it pretty much is a crap shoot as far as whether an I.T. firm such as Code Blue Computing will be able to recover your data.
2. My Computer is So Slow… If your computer is getting slower by the minute any your employees are constantly complaining about the amount of time it is taking programs to load you need to get a proper I.T. assessment as far as what is causing the slowdown. There could be viruses that are affecting specific computers or the network or you could have a server that just is no longer equipped to handle the computing needs of your company.
3. Click. Click. Click. If you hear a clicking sound in your computer, it is time to get the equipment checked out right away. Most of the time this sound indicates your hardware is about to fail and you have parts that are hitting things they should not be hitting.
4. Did I Turn that Off? Is your computer randomly shutting down on you? Typically this means that the unit is overheating and it is shutting down to minimize the damage and by virtue of turning off it is sending you a message loud and clear that your hardware is about to fail and you need to call in an I.T. Pro pronto.
5. Why Did the World Go Black? Does your computer turn on but you can see literally nothing on your computer monitor? This could be a sign that a video card has gone bad and needs replaced or it could mean that your hardware is about to fail and the motherboard has died.
Whether your organization is large or small the value of a maintenance contract is huge. When you work with an I.T Professional such as Code Blue Computing they are going to routinely maintain and check all of the equipment in the office to minimize hardware failure and downtime and maximize productivity in your office.
As much as we all love our computers the fact remains they are machines and they are machines with moving parts. These machines will break down, someday, somehow and at the most inopportune moment they will break down. However, when you have established a working relationship with an IT Support vendor that takes care of you, the pain will be minimized if not removed completely.
Code Blue Computing is an IT Support Company headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. They provide Computer Support, Network Security, and IT Consulting Services to businesses in Arvada, Westminster, Superior, Thornton, and Longmont. If you have hardware that you think is about to fail or are interested in having an assessment of your technology completed call their office today at 720-746-9763.