Recently, you have probably seen some new service offerings from us. One of them is IDrive. What is IDrive, you ask?
It is an online or cloud based backup solution. While there are many of these types of services available, we evaluated all of them and choose to partner with IDrive for its robust feature set, ease of use, and nearly automatic setup.
If you depend on an external hard drive to do backups, ask yourself these questions. How are the backups managed? Do you know for certain the backups are good? If you answered “Don’t know” to these two questions, then your backup probably isn’t working.
The truth of the matter is that most people don’t know if the backup software is even working or even backing up the data they need it to backup. The software is generally poor and doesn’t offer any notification that the backup was successful or failed.
With IDrive, you can regain peace of mind that your data is backed up. You receive emails stating this. Even if your backup wasn’t successful, you will receive an email. IDrive is nearly automatic upon installation. It automatically determines data that needs backed up and includes them in the schedule. It will even schedule the backup to run nightly. The only thing you need to do is give it an email address to send notifications to.
IDrive offers a number of great features that make the service that much more invaluable. Here are some of them:
1. Intuitive interface. No more guess work.
2. Cross over to USB thumb drives or external hard drives. IDrive does not automatically select these devices but they can be easily included in your backup set.
3. Continuous Data Protection. What the heck is that? Continuous Data Protection (CDP) allows IDrive to take a backup the instant it detects a change in a file. It is not meant to replace the scheduled backup but augment it. With CDP, your files are constantly backed up giving you more assurance that you will have a backup.
4. Windows Explorer plug-in option. This feature installs into the Windows Explorer to allow you to see your IDrive backups as if it was another drive on your computer. You can quickly restore files by going into this “virtual” drive.
5. Data is encrypted and secure. When IDrive does a backup, your data is encrypted before leaving your computer and it stays encrypted on the IDrive servers. No-one, not even IDrive personnel, can recover it should you lose the encryption key.
6. IDrive servers are spread across the US and located in physically secure data centers of which the locations are non-descript. This further protects your data.
7. We have deployed IDrive in a high profile law firm, a dental office and produce packing plant along with various individuals with much success.
Don’t wait for a disaster to happen, let us get you setup on IDrive and enjoy the peace of mind knowing your data is backed up. As an additional bonus, we will monitor your backup so you can get on with your business.
Code Blue Computing is a full service IT support firm headquartered out of Broomfield, Colorado.