In recent weeks we have many conversations regarding the fact that we specialize in providing Computer Support for the HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Industry in Denver.
For those that work within this field, you know there are unique challenges to what you do. In the past, the need for computer support may have fallen near the bottom of the to do list for business owners in this industry.
HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical contractors know one thing for certain, typically when their customers call they need help and they need it fast. A pleasant 70 degree day may yield few phone calls to the HVAC or Plumbing Companies that we service, however as temperatures drop you can bet there phone volume goes up.
Our world has become more and more tech dependent as has customers expectations as far as response time, dispatch time, and overall customer service. We still run into companies in this industry that have not automated their processes At one point it may have been perfectly reasonable to depend on your technologically savvy neighbor to provide I.T. Service to your company at night after their 8 to 5 job; that is no longer a viable solution.
There are a lot of great options for the owner of an HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical Company in Denver to use technology in a way that will directly relate to the bottom line. As business owners, isn’t that what we are all looking for anyway?
7 Techy Things You Should Be Doing Right Now
1. Cloud Based Service Management Software. We go into so many service based organizations that really are not using appropriate solutions for their business. One of the best things that has happened in recent years is Cloud Based Service Management Software. This all in one tool will allow you to stay on top of your sales funnel and your leads, schedule and route technicians. There are apps allowing your techs to work from a phone or tablet in the field, and there is seamless integration with Quickbooks allowing you to batch invoices at the end of the day into Quickbooks removing the need to double enter ever again. We have found a great product in this arena is MHelpdesk.
2. Mobile Device Management. As we becoming a more mobile society that translates directly into service based industries such as HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical. The fact is that we need at the bare minimum for our technicians to have smartphones, but the requirement soon will be that all technicians and service vehicles will be dispatched with tablets. Depending on the size of your organization managing all of these devices could quickly become overwhelming for a business owner. A great resource for service based businesses with a mobile workforce a Mobile Device Management company or a MDM. A company like this can help you easily sift through invoices, create custom reports, and deploy new devices for additional headcount. A great resource in the Denver area is Mobile Solutions.
3. Backup, Backup, and then Backup Again. Time after time we run into organizations that simply give no thought to disaster planning. When we are talking computer support for the HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Industry in Denver; it is ironic because so many of our clients work within the disaster recovery space. Many of their jobs come after a flood, fire, or some other natural disaster. As business owners, we need to backup our files and we need to store a backup offsite. We never want our clients to lose their business as a result of not having backups. The statistics are staggering though, 60% of businesses that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster. A great solution for cloud based backups is iDrive.
4. Controlling Employee Access. You may have employees that work for you that someday have aspirations of starting their own company, or maybe it is just inquiring minds want to know. Many times we go in for an initial consult to find that anyone can access all the files on the network. As a responsible business owner, you need to take steps to protect your business and that means proper security measures.
5. Properly Maintaining Your Computers, Servers, and Printers. This is a biggie. It is well known in your industry that properly maintaining equipment correlates into product life. Many within the HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical industry do not employ the same tactic with the computers in their office. As a business owner you should definitely look at your technology as the motor that drives your business. Proper, regularly scheduled maintenance will serve your business well. Otherwise, you may find yourself unable to service clients on the coldest day of the year.
6. Going Paperless. How much time and energy do you spend trying to find an invoice, a purchase order, a bill of lading in your office. Just think how many processes in your office are around paper. Your I.T. Company can work with you to create an intuitive, effective, paperless environment. Once the process is created and implemented, you will be amazed at how much time was being spent handling and managing the paper in your HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical business
7. Virtual CIO. The misconception when looking for computer support in the HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical industry in Denver is that utilizing the ongoing support of an I.T. Company will cost your organization a lot of money. The truth is actually the opposite. When you have ongoing support with an I.T. company your equipment is being maintained so you don’t end up with a big repair bill you weren’t expecting. Furthermore, using a Virtual CIO can help find areas where you can realize significant savings in relation to technology. Perhaps it is replacing the legacy phone system with a high performing and less expensive hosted VOIP, or upgrading the Internet. Many times you can get a better product at a lower cost.
Competition is fierce in your industry, with the proper technology you may just edge out your competition.
Code Blue Computing is an I.T. Service and Support firm that specializes in supporting HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical Companies in Denver. If you are looking for a computer support company for your HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical business in Denver call 720-746-9763.