We get a lot of computers and laptops brought into our shop in Broomfield, Colorado every day. The #1 complaint when customers bring their computer into our computer repair shop is “My Computer is Running Slow”.
Many times we can assume that a slow running computer automatically means a Computer Virus. While many times this certainly is true, many times it is not.
Signs That Your Hard Drive Might Be Failing
- The Computer is running slow or it takes a long time for open files or documents
- Your computer keeps crashing or you are experiencing frequent blue screen of death occurrences
- Files seem to be disappearing
- Folder names appear to be changing
- Hard drive is not spinning when it should be or is excessively noisy when spinning
- When you turn the computer on it takes a really long time for it to start up
Unfortunately what most people do when these things start to occur is to shake it off, ignore it, and hope it will go away. However, what can be a fairly inexpensive repair can turn into a very expensive data recovery on a frozen hard drive. At the first hint of trouble call an expert. Call an independent local computer repair shop and get your computer checked out. If you don’t currently have a trusted advisor in this area do a Google search, look at the reviews, BBB rating, social media pages for a good one.
9 times out of 10 when you bring the computer in early you are going to be able to get the repair completed more quickly and less expensively than if you wait until the computer is not working at all.
What Else Can You do to Avoid These Problems?
- Have routine maintenance performed on your computer performed twice a year. If you want to extend the life of your computer this is a must do.
- If you have a laptop make sure there is proper ventilation don’t use it on the couch or on your bed just sitting on top of the blankets. Make sure there is proper airflow around your computer
- Install operating system updates
- Defrag the hard drive
We do have a concierge option for our clients as well where we are able to remotely perform maintenance and well as monitor their computers hardware. That enables US to notify our clients when they have a computer issue not the other way around. We will get notification when you have a hard drive issue and will have the ability to get the rectified for you before you have one minute of downtime. Our monitoring service allows us to catch hard drive failures, fan issues, software issues, as well as computer viruses.
Code Blue Computing is a Computer Repair Shop and I.T. Support Company in Broomfield, Colorado. Specializing in Computer Repair, Virus Removal, Data Recovery, Cabling, and Computer Support Services.
If you have questions about your computer or are interested in learning more about our concierge monitoring service give us a call at today at 720-746-9763.